No Overdue Fines at PPLC Member Libraries Effective October 1, 2021
- What happens if my items are overdue?
- You will not be charged overdue fines, but your account will be blocked when items are 10 days overdue
- Accounts will be unblocked when items are returned in good condition
- What happens when my account is blocked?
- You will not be able to borrow library items, or access Overdrive/Libby
- Your account will be billed for the cost of the outstanding items plus processing fees
- How do I unblock my account?
- Visit your local library to return or pay for lost/damaged items
- What happens to the fines currently on my account?
- All overdue fines will be eliminated on October 1, 2021
- Fines for lost/damaged items will remain on your account
- How can I tell if my account is blocked?
- A notice will be sent to you based on your account preferences (email, text, or phone)
- You may also log in into your account
- What else do I need to know?
- Items will automatically be renewed twice, unless they are on hold for another borrower
- The East Lake and Palm Harbor Libraries will continue to charge overdue fines for special collections