How to get a library card
Who may get a library card?
- Residents of unincorporated areas of Pinellas County – FREE and valid for 3 years
- Residents of member cities in Pinellas County – FREE and valid for 3 years
- Residents of non-member cities may purchase a card for $100 for 1 year
Non-member cities include: Belleair, Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Kenneth City, and South Pasadena.
All cities except Belleair Shore reimburse all or most of this fee.
|Non-Member City||Reimbursement Amount||How to Apply|
$100 if active or retired military
|Purchase a library card from any PPLC Member Library. Bring or mail a copy of your receipt and an Application for Refund form to Town Hall (or pick up and complete a form in-person)
Upon receiving your receipt and "Application for Refund" form, Town staff will refund $80 of the $100 back to the resident(s) via a check within 2-3 weeks.
|$50||Belleair Beach does reimburse $50.00. You must be a resident of Belleair Beach for this reimbursement.
Pay the fee at a PPLC Member Library, bring the receipt and your valid driver license to City Hall, and fill out a short form for repayment.
|$85||Citizens can purchase a library card at any member city in Pinellas County. After the card is purchased, the card and receipt should be brought to City Hall and a reimbursement check in the amount of $85.00 will be sent to the citizen within one week.|
|$0||City will not reimburse citizens for PPLC cards.|
|$75||If you are a resident of Indian Shores and purchase a PPLC card from a Member Library, you will be reimbursed $75 of the $100 fee. Bring a receipt and proof of residency to the Municipal Center Reception Area.|
|$100||Adults may apply for a library card at any PPLC Member Library and pay the non-resident fee. One-hundred percent of the fee will be refunded by Kenneth City after providing a copy of the library receipt and proof of residency to town hall.|
|$75 credit||Upon payment of $25 at South Pasadena City Hall, residents take a voucher to the St. Pete Beach Library to get their library card.
Please note that while residents can only take their voucher to the St. Pete Beach Library, cards may then be used at any PPLC Member Library. The City will no longer issue reimbursement checks to residents who pay any library directly.
How to apply:
- Visit any PPLC Member Library to apply in person.
- Provide a valid Florida driver’s license/Florida identification card with a local address
- OR an alternate valid picture ID and one of the following:
- Your current TRIM notice
- A current utility bill (includes cable television)
- A long-term lease on a property (6 mos. or greater)
- A deed to property
- Vehicle registration or title (current year)
- Voter’s registration
- Other government-issued identification with address
What are the basic rules?
- Your PPLC card may be used at any Member Library
- Be prepared to show your PPLC card each time you visit a Member Library
- Cards issued for children under 16 may require parent/guardian signature
Your PPLC library card is valid at all PPLC Member Libraries and may be used to register for reciprocal borrowing with hundreds of libraries in nearby counties.