Get A Library Card
Who May Get A Library Card?
- Residents of unincorporated areas of Pinellas County – free and valid for 3 years
- Residents of member cities in Pinellas County – free and valid for 3 years
- Residents of non-member cities may receive a card for $100 for 1 year* Non-member cities include: Belleair, Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Kenneth City, and South Pasadena.
*Note: All cities except Belleair Shore reimburse all or most of this fee.
What are the Basic Rules?
- Your PPLC card may be used at any Member Library
- Be prepared to show your PPLC card each time you visit a Member Library
- Cards issued for children under 16 may require parent/guardian signature
How to Register:
- Visit any PPLC Member Library to apply in person.
- Provide a valid Florida driver’s license/Florida identification card with a local address
- OR an alternate valid picture ID and one of the following:
- Your current TRIM notice
- A current utility bill (includes cable television)
- A long-term lease on a property (6 mos. or greater)
- A deed to property
- Vehicle registration or title (current year)
- Voter’s registration
- Other government-issued identification with address
Your PPLC library card is valid at all PPLC Member Libraries and may be used to register for reciprocal borrowing with hundreds of libraries in nearby counties.